If there’s one thing we shouldn’t take for granted as consumers or business owners, it is ensuring that our storage tanks, whether they’re fiberglass, concrete, or stainless steel, are regularly inspected and maintained. For sure, no one would be so careless as to let their storage tanks, especially water storage tanks, become contaminated or otherwise unusable.
Storage tanks are commonly known to be durable and will last for more than 15 years, depending on the type. However, the lifespan of anything you possess will always matter on how you take care of them. The more you care about water tank maintenance and inspection, the longer you will enjoy its benefits.
Why Water Tank Inspection and Maintenance Matters
Installing a water tank is a big decision, and you should be prepared for the responsibilities afterward. It all comes down to the water tank’s condition regarding the potability of the water stored inside. If you don’t keep up with routine maintenance, the tank will deteriorate, and so will your health and well-being.
A tank inspection may cost some time and money, but it is well worth it to protect the value of your tanks. So don’t let your tanks run down! Read on to learn more about the advantages of doing a regular tank inspection and maintenance – and what to expect if you don’t.
What Are the Advantages of Regular Tank Inspections and Maintenance?
You will get the most out of your investment if you properly maintain your water storage tank. Here are some obvious benefits to having your water tank properly maintained by experienced water tank inspection companies.
1. A prolonged lifespan means longer service
When you follow regular water tank inspections and maintenance, you give instant solutions to any existing damages (noticeable or not). It will prevent more extensive problems and issues that might significantly affect the tank’s functionality performance. Thus, it will preserve your tank’s life, prolonging its service.
2. Excellent parts and equipment functionality.
If there is an extensive inspection of your tank, the different parts and equipment are also appropriately monitored. With such matter, you can guarantee that each of the elements that compose your tank’s functionality is working very fine.
3. Safe water
Regular maintenance and inspection also support your health’s safety. You can rest assured that the water coming from your tank is both clean and safe to drink because there will be no leaks. Maintenance also covers proper cleaning of your tank, be sure to be guided by professionals.
4. Affordable repair and replacement costs
Addressing smaller fixations will save you a lot! Regular inspection and maintenance let you catch the roots of more significant problems, such as corrosion and leakage. You can then prevent early replacement or repairs!
What Happens When You Don’t Follow Regular Tank Inspections and Maintenance?
Owners must remember that water tank requires regular inspection and maintenance to prolong their life. Take this seriously, and you won’t have to deal with repair and reinstallation.
Unmonitored water tanks will surely lead you to the following problems:
- Tank leakage
- Water contamination
- Early deterioration
- Penalties from EPA
How to do inspections in your water tanks
1. You must extensively inspect and observe the conditions of your water tank by checking its equipment. There are two classifications of water storage tank inspection: wet and dry.
- Dry inspection needs you to drain all the stored water. By this, you can easily identify the interior’s condition. You can quickly know what needs to be replaced, repainted or what equipment is brittle. This is so much work, and you will need professionals to make the process perfect.
- Wet inspections wouldn’t require you to empty the tank; instead, they will need a tool or a person to inspect the tank’s interior. The tool to be used can either be a diver (disinfected) or a remote-operated vehicle. Once an issue is discovered, diagnoses and troubleshooting with the right operators will follow.
- Generally, tank inspection will begin at the bottom and then upwards. Every part should be crucially inspected, including the paint and the adhesion levels of the coating.
American Water Works Association (AWWA) strictly mandates that it is a requirement to have regular tank inspection and maintenance to ensure the safety of both structural and health welfare. Do it every 1, 3, or 5 years with a proper assessment, depending on your tank type and size.
Moreover, general industrial tank cleaning must be done correctly and professionally, especially when there are repairs and modifications or any unusual changes in the water’s quality, and to ensure it’s 100% safe.
AM Tanks Will Be your Panel Tank Maintenance Partner!
For over two decades, American Tanks has provided the American market with industrial storage tanks of the highest quality. As it has for many years, AM Tanks is a proud partner of all American industries, serving clients in various fields with its panel tank products, waterproofing solutions, and top-tier inspection and maintenance services.
Get in touch with us today, and we’ll assist you right away!